Saturday, February 5, 2011

Green with Me: Easy and Recycled Art Projects for Young Children

When I have playgroups with older 2 year-olds and up,  I am always excited to get into easy art projects made out of the stuff that is available around the house--mostly the trash :)  My favorite resource for this kind of play, and I have looked at endless "green art" books is Laurie Carlson's, Ecoart!: Earth-Friendly Art and Craft Experiences for 3-To 9-Year-Olds (Williamson Kids Can! Series).

I suppose the second runner up is the even more classic (granola), Snips & Snails & Walnut Whales. Nature Crafts for Children.
 
My groups have danced and got our bodies ready to be steady with kids yoga and then have made kites, guitars, paper, rock necklace out of shopping bags, shoe boxes and the like.




No comments:

Post a Comment