Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Fairy Hunt, YIMBY (Yes in My Back Yard!)

The other day I said to my neighbor, "I wish I were a woodsman so I could build (such and such)."  To which she replied, "Yes, but there are no woods here."

"Seven Fairies fly and play around the final clue today!"

For Mudi's 7th Birthday we had a Fairy Hunt in our yard, which is basically the front yard to the Hollywood sign and bustling city--everything became the silent woods all around as the magical letter was announced and the first clue read:

 "An enchanted doorway both far and near, fairies keep their ashes here.  For the girl who's turning seven, lie seven magical stones, sent from Heaven."

Seven clues with seven treasures.  Seven tiny fairy bouquets hide on an old gate that has itself been hidden by vines:

"
Hiding behind two big bushes, a white gate no one ever pushes; on the ledge, you will see, what you're looking for, clue number three."


The seven magical fairy stones were hidden in a chimney sweep, an enchanted doorway somehow  unnoticed.



It is delightful to find magic in every day, and it is rightly magical to see the Wood in Hollywood.





No comments:

Post a Comment