Friday, August 26, 2011

Forest Kinder

“Our program is not us teaching them through play, but just allowing them to play, which helps them make the world their own.”


Thank goodness for the above excerpt from All Points North magazineit precisely articulates my sentiment  and the intention I have behind my creating and teaching classes.

What I do in my yard with families may not (at all) resemble a forest kinder, but it has the same heart, it is cut from the same thread.

I am very humbled and grateful to be approaching the core of what I want to achieve in my work, which for me has been a twisted journey of question marks--maybe because I didn't go to a Forest Kindergarten, and rather went to School #2 (my daughter didn't believe me!).

Where do you see yourself five years from now?

--where that kid is sitting 

No comments:

Post a Comment